This easy pizza is very simple to put together. The juicy South African pears complement the Parma Ham perfectly – a seasonal marriage made in heaven. Plus, parma ham and rocket are two of my favourite things to eat, so it is a dish that is right up my street.
You can of course make your own pizza bases, particularly if you are gluten-free but if you are short on time, ready prepared bases are the way to go as the rest of the recipe is really quick.
Pear, Parma Ham & Rocket Pizza
- 2 large pizza bases
- 4 tbsp green pesto sauce
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 South African pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 80g pack Parma ham
- 2 handfuls rocket
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese shavings
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
2. Put each pizza base onto a baking sheet and spread 2 tbsp of pesto sauce over each one. Share the pine nuts between them and arrange the pears on top. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Arrange the Parma ham and rocket on top of the pizzas, then season with freshly ground black pepper. Add a few Parmesan cheese shavings, then serve.
* Cook’s tip: Kerstin Rogers suggests trying a sweet Chocolate and Pear Pizza. Spoon 4 tbsp of chocolate hazelnut spread over a pizza base, and top with a peeled, cored and thinly sliced South African pear. Bake at 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6 for 5-6 minutes, then serve, drizzled with melted dark chocolate and sprinkled with a few toasted almonds. Yum!
BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
This looks incredible. I love the colours. Would love a slice of that pizza right NOW!!! #tastytuesdays
hehe thanks Ciara x
That looks incredible, so beautiful. The perfect marriage of flavours. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuedays