This is a recipe that I really enjoy making. Why? It is really simple, quick and super, super tasty. Bonus that it is healthy too. I used to work with a nutritionist at work and she would always tell clients that their meals need to be be ‘full of colour’. This recipe certainly fits that bill.
Let me know if you give it a go and how you get on…
You will need (to feed four):
- Bag of fresh spinach
- 250g Cous Cous
- 220g – 250g King Prawns (ideally raw and derosted if frozen)
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 beef tomato, diced
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Optional: Jalapenos to taste, finely chopped (we love food with a bit of kick in our house, so I add plenty, but it tastes great without too)
What to do:
- Chop and prep all of your ingredients. Put the electric kettle on to boil and put the grill on a medium heat.
- Make up the cous cous, as per package instructions.
- Mix the prawns with the oil, one pinch of salt, and half the coriander and put on a tray. Place under the grill until cooked (approx. 10 mins)
- Combine in a bowl the mango, avocado, tomato, red onion, lime juice, jalapenos, a pinch of salt and the remaining coriander.
- Serve up the spinach on plates, top with couscous and the mago salsa.
- I like to then mix it all up on the plate and… Enjoy!
Alternatives you could try is with quinoa instead of cous cous and you can grill the prawns on a bed of the spinch leaves if you prefer spinch to be wilted.