With the sunnier weather and lighter evenings and mornings, I have been out and about running more in an effort to get fitter and improve my running time. A great way to refuel after exercise is with something high in protein. I have been sent some Kinetica protein powders to put together some new protein packed and delicious recipes.
Take a look at what I have come up with…
Chocolate Protein Brownies
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats (to make oat flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Kinetica Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup homemade, unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup homemade Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 175°c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the oats in blender and blend for a minute or so until they resemble the consistency of flour. Put the oat flour to medium bowl then whisk in protein powder and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, egg, honey, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Heat coconut oil over very low heat; stir continuously until coconut oil has melted. Stir into brownie batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking tray. Sprinkle optional toppings like sliced almonds or chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, then take out and leave to cool. Once cool, cut into bars. Keep them covered in the refrigerator and enjoy cold.
Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate Kinetica protein powder
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Divide between 2 small bowls or kilner jars. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour or more).
- Top with chopped nuts or topping of choice if desired. Enjoy cold, or microwave for 60 seconds to enjoy warm.
Strawberry & Chia Protein Shake
I had a lot of fun creating these, and of course tasting them! What do you think? What do you use protein powders for?
BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
*This is my entry to the Kinetica Protein Recipe Blogger competition.
wow going to try these x yum #foodpornthursdays
Ooo, these sound delicious. The overnight oats look so yummy! #foodpornthursday
Your chocolate recipes look delicious. I love the idea of a healthier brownie, thanks for sharing 🙂
Look very yummy. I wonder if these are allowed in a ketogenic diet.
I’m so impressed with these recipes – I’d never have thought to use oats in these ways! Thank you so much for linking up with #foodpornthursdays x
I have a cyclist friend who is always looking for new recipes for protein bars so I’ll have to pass this recipe onto him. The addition of the chocolate will be most welcome!
Oh wow yum, I want it ALL. Move in please! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays x