I really like cooking but when you are busy, it is so handy to have a few recipes on hand that are quick, easy and healthy to make. This salmon recipe with vegetable couscous (or with quinoa if you are gluten-free), literally took me 10 minutes to put together. The kids preferred to have the salmon mashed up in the couscous but you can serve it wither way. I also added some orange pepper in with the onion so you can add any other veg that you would like.
Grilled Salmon & Vegetable Couscous
- 3 – 4 Salmon fillets
- 1+1/2 lemons
- 1/2 red onion
- 120g frozen peas
- 1 mug couscous
- 2 mugs boiling water
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemons and grate 1 tsp zest; set aside.
- In a wok or large pan, fry the onion in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in the peas, lemon juice and water and bring to the boil. Stir in the couscous, cover, remove pan from heat, and let it stand for a few minutes.
- Brush salmon with a little olive oil and place skin side down under the grill until cooked. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and dill.
- Serve the salmon on the bed of couscous.
Linking up to Tasty Tuesday at Honest Mum.
BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
This looks lovely and healthy too 🙂 x #tastytuesdays
I love salmon and this looks lovely
Ah-mazing girl, I want this right now, healthy and tasty! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays x
Ooh, that looks delicious! Great healthy meal – thanks for the recipe 🙂