Food waste is a worldwide epidemic, and it’s well past time the average person started fighting back. More than one-third of all food produced globally is wasted, which is why Grundig has started a Respect Food Campaign, to encourage people to enjoy good food as well as reduce waste.. So if you love and enjoy food, the tips and advice given by Grundig can be a simple way to help save the planet, as well as some money. Grundig is a German heritage brand with a 74-year history and well-known for its consumer electronics products, but more recently in 2013, Grundig launched stylish cooking and home appliances in the UK for the first time, exclusively through Currys PC World, so you can get your hands on some if you are looking to make changes to your kitchen.
You can contribute to the world’s wellbeing by minimising food waste. Becoming more connected to your food will help you avoid waste. Whether you make the choice to eat out less, grow your own fruit and vegetables or you’re simply more conscious while you shop and cook, you’re less likely to waste food.
By eating at home you’ll save money and time, and it can mean less waste as you can use up what you have at home, and can batch cook things that will be going out of date, and then freeze them for later.. You’ll bring the family together more often as well as stay healthy. Adults and children reap considerable benefits from eating home-cooked meals. Research finds that people who eat home-cooked meals on a regular basis tend to be happier and healthier, consuming less sugar and processed foods, which can result in higher energy levels and better mental health. So your kitchen can play a really vital role in that too. For example, if you are redesigning your kitchen, then fitting it with appliances that fit seamlessly into your design, leaving plenty of room for dinner parties, family occasions and entertainment, is a really good idea.
In fact, something like integrated appliances from Grundig are highly energy efficient so you can look after the environment as well as your wallet. Take something like their refrigeration for example. Aligning with the ‘Respect Food’ message, their fridges come with advanced cooling technologies so you can keep food for longer, meaning less food wasted. Plus, all Grundig appliances come with a 5 year guarantee, for complete peace of mind.Even if you’re someone that really enjoys cooking, sometimes home-cooked food just doesn’t taste the same as it does in a restaurant, which can mean more waste if children don’t like what you have cooked, for example. So here are a few things you can do to polish up your cooking:
- Make sure you have access to both fresh and dried herbs and spices.
- Cook with plenty of oil or butter to enhance flavours. You don’t have to cook with butter everyday, but if you have guests it provides a more luxurious taste.
- Many recipes call for beef, chicken or vegetable stock, and most home cooks use stock from a packet because it’s easier. But homemade stocks and broths taste much better and add more flavor to the finished dish. Most professional kitchens make a large batch of stock at least once a week and always keep it handy.
- It’s time to turn up the heat and learn how to cook at high temperatures. A steak won’t sear on medium heat, and vegetables just turn to mush if you don’t cook them fast enough.
- Take time to practice your presentation so that your loved ones can see that you’ve made an effort.
- There are some utensils and appliances in a professional kitchen that the average person doesn’t have access to. If you’re planning on spending more time in the kitchen, get your gadgets first.
Many of us enjoy opening up our homes to our loved ones and entertaining. To be the host with the most you must create your own gourmet style restaurant within the four walls of your home. You need a space that you’re happy spending a considerable amount of time in.