You might have been tricked into thinking that BBQ season is upon us. But then, in true British style, we have had several days of rain after the heat. So if you’re looking for a summer treat that is perfect for the changeable weather, then s’mores are the things for you!
They make a good sweet finish to any BBQ but can easily be made indoors on the hob if the weather takes a turn for the worst and suddenly feels autumnal. If you’re new to s’mores, though, where have you been? They are an American export that we have adopted over here and it is easy to see why. Crackers or cookies with melting chocolate and roasted marshmallows? Yum!
Tom Cenci (the chef behind Duck & Waffle in London) has created a recipe just for Bahlsen that is perfect for the summer. I really like that it is adaptable to make it with any of the Bahlsen Choco Leibniz range. If you didn’t fancy caramel ones, then just use the original milk or dark. You could even use the chococlate orange ones and use with marmalade, for instance. Make with or without the peanut butter (or substitute for another nut butter), and you’ve got an indulgent but super simple and quick treat. Trust me, you don’t need more than one of these at a time!
Tom Cenci’s Choco Leibniz S’mores
What You Will Need:
- 1 pack of Choco Leibniz
- 1 tub peanut butter
- 1 pack of marshmallows (or make your own)
What To Do:
- Place a marshmallow on a skewer (or use two or three if they are small marshmallows).
- Take two of the Choco Leibniz biscuits and spread over a layer of peanut butter onto the chocolate side.
- Place the marshmallow over an open flame of BBQ to roast. You want it to caramelise but not burn, so keep an eye on it.
- Once you’ve got your marshmallow as you’d like it, slide it off the skewer using the two biscuits, and sandwich it between the two biscuits. Press together gently.
- Allow to cool slightly (which will melt the chocolate slightly) and then enjoy!
Have you tried s’mores this way before? I think it makes it much quicker and easier, as well as much tastier!
*Bahlsen Choco Leibniz are available from all major supermarkets, RRP: £1.50.