So this is literally the quickest (minus the cooking part) and easiest thing ever. I just put it all in the slow cooker before going to bed and then yummy warm porridge is all ready for me as soon as I wake up. Nothing better in these cold mornings, and bonus that it saves time. With only two ingredients, that you probably already have in the cupboard, its super cheap too.
Slow Cooker Porridge
- 1 cup wholegrain porridge oats
- 4 cups water or milk
- Optional: sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg or dried fruits
I don’t mind porridge with water so have made it with 4 cups of water. Sometimes though I do 2 cups almond milk and 2 cups water. Use whatever combination you like and whatever milk you usually use.
- Measure out the oats and put in the slow cooker.
- Pour in the 4 cups of water / milk and stir.
- Add the spices if using and / or dried fruits if using and stir again.
- Cook on low for 8 hours overnight.
- Serve as is, or add berries and maple syrup, to taste.
Simples! It is always a big hit in our house. What is your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
We all love porridge..may have to start doing this for convenience and cleaner breakfasts!
Its so nice to wake up to it ready and warm x