I find that quick but healthy breakfasts can be hard to come by. I am a big fan of breakfast, though, so make an extra effort to prepare ahead of time so that I always have something in. It helps me to be healthier and stops me from reaching for the kids sugary cereal.
Smoothie are on of my go-to breakfasts as you can just pop things in a blender and go. I have been looking out for some new recipes, though and have discovered smoothie bowls. I don’t want to drink my meals all the time and think that it is nice to have extra fruit, nuts or seeds with it too.
With summer meant to have arrived, I have chosen to create a tropical inspired smoothie bowl recipe, using Graze’s Yummertime punch box to top it with. The box comes with coconut flakes, dried pineapple and golden berries. I love that they are dried and the golden berries are the only things that are sweetened, with pineapple juice. So it is perfect for my refined sugar-free diet. You don’t miss out on any of the taste, though! I like that you can have the Graze boxes delivered as and when you’d like and then you can have these ready to eat healthy snacks.
I just love the bright colours of it all too. I have picked up the tropical taste with the other ingredients, using coconut water and pineapple to bring it all together.
Tropical Smoothie Bowl Recipe
to serve one
- 5 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 5 tbsp coconut water – the kind that is flavoured with pineapple if possible
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1 box of Graze Summertime Punch, to serve
- Hope the green tops of the strawberries and put in a blender with the banana. Scoop in the half avocado flesh and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with the box of graze fruits and extra fruit or seeds if you’d like. Remember to stir it all up before eating.
I’d love to hear fi you give this recipe a go – I think it’s perfect for a summery breakfast.
*the graze boxes were gifted in exchange for the recipe. All thoughts are my own.