I am very excited to have been nominated to receive the ‘Liebster Award’ from a lovely blogger called Jade that blogs over at Raising the Rings – go over and share the love!
The rules for this award are as follows
*You must give us 11 facts about yourself*
*The person who nominated you should give you 11 questions to answer*
*Nominate a further 11 bloggers and give them some questions*
*Include the Liebster Award logo*
My 11 facts
– I have different coloured eyes (one green, one blue)
– I’m one of five children (the middle child!)
– I have been married for just over 5 years
– I’m a mummy to a little boy and a baby girl
– I was born and raised in Yorkshire (Northern and proud ha)
– I have a massive hatred for men wearing short sleeved shirts
– I have completed a half-marathon whilst pregnant
– I’m a qualified spin instructor
– I love baking
– I have been on TV on a gameshow
– I’m an aries
Here are the answers to my 11 questions
– When did you start blogging? I started blogging as a way to keep in touch with family when I got married in 2009. It was quite sporadic and not very often. I gave my blog a big boost at the end of 2012 and got involved in lots of networks and really tried to promote my blog more.
– Who/what inspired you to start blogging? Initially it was a way to keep in touch and had seen other family and friends set up a family blog. I then saw other friends having great success with their blog and review products etc so that motivated me.
– What were your pregnancies like? Very different! With Max I had sickness for the first trimester and then nothing else basically. With baby girl I had no sickness at all, just a bit headachey etc but seemed to get everything else – so much tiredness with her too.
– What’s your worst habit? Interrupting people! I don’t know, probably should ask my hubs haha
– What’s your favourite film? Oh so many! I love Lord of the Rings but I also love a good film like Mean Girls but then a classic like It’s a Wonderful Life or Gladiator.
– What’s your daily make up routine? Not much ha – I use a moisturiser and then apply foundation. Generally, day-to-day, I usually just wear a bit of eyeliner, mascara and lip balm.
– What’s your biggest regret? I don’t have too many really, life’s too short but working harder at school/Uni – would have loved to have gotten a first for my degree.
– What do you think makes your blog different? Hmmm, pretty tough to answer. It is a general lifestyle and mummy blog but I hope my honesty and opinions about things set me aside from others. I’m also not so product orientated so hopefully that makes a pleasant change to read.
– How do you think I can improve my blog? A better blog design! I also need to be more active on social media, I think.
– What’s your “go to” quick meal? Anything with eggs – love a good omelette.
– Local shops or big chains? Why? I like the idea of local shops and try to shop at them and local markets as much as I can but with two kids it’s just sometimes easier to go to a one-store-fits-all type of thing. Plus, I love shopping online.
My Liebster nominations go to:
(Sorry I can’t think of 11 bloggers to nominate – if you want to complete the questions though, let me know).
And my questions for you are:
– Why did you start blogging?
– If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
– What would your chosen super power be?
– Do you sing in the shower?
– What are you most proud of?
– If you were on death row (lol) what would your chosen last meal be?
– What is one of your favourite sayings / phrases?
– What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
– Favourite ice-cream flavour?
– Do you have any unfulfilled ambitions?
– When you were younger, what did you want to be when you were older?