Good oral health and oral hygiene emanate from a regular routine in which you brush and floss daily. Are you the type of person who travels either for work or leisure? Do you observe good oral hygiene when you are travelling? What dental accessories do you take with you when you travel?
Regardless of whether you travel for work or leisure, you should always maintain your oral health routine while you’re on the go. Before you get that trip started, add some top of the line dental gadgets to your suitcase. Here are some of the best travel products this dentist London recommends for teeth cleaning and oral health:
• A tongue scraper. Often used after brushing, a tongue scraper helps lessen bad breath by decreasing the number of bacteria that cause it. Your toothbrush can also do the same job, but not as effectively as a tongue scraper.
• A dental mirror. This is one of the most important tools when travelling. Without it, it would be very difficult to examine the surface of your teeth and gums, especially when something gets stuck in between your teeth. Some mirrors are concave and offer great magnification properties, which are essential in spotting even the smallest food debris.
• A dental scaler. Scalers are metal handheld teeth cleaning tools that scrape off tartar from the teeth. They have a pointed and a blunt edge. The pointed edge is used for teeth above the gum line while the curved blunt edge reaches below the gum line. A scaler can also be used in place of a toothpick.
• An oral irrigator. This is an oral hygiene appliance that shoots water in your mouth in order to remove food from hard to reach areas around and between your teeth. It is the perfect gadget for people with braces or fixed partial dentures. Please note that the use of an oral irrigator cannot substitute regular brushing and flossing; it is just an add- on dental product.
• Polishers. Polishing is often done after removing plaque from your teeth. If you fancy white and shiny teeth throughout your vacation or trip, spare some time to polish your teeth. Polishers buff away uneven teeth surfaces, leaving the entire tooth area clean and smooth.
• A dental tweezer. Apart from placing objects into the mouth, dental tweezers can also be used for retrieving objects in between the teeth. There are two types of tweezers; the locking and the non-locking type. Choose the one you prefer.
Even with all these teeth cleaning gadgets, don’t forget to visit your dentist regularly. Dentists don’t just deal with cavities. In fact, some dental infections have no signs and can go undetected if you don’t see a dentist on a regular basis. Similarly, the basics of brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once daily are to be observed. Never get too caught up in the fun of travelling and forget your oral care routine.