Your choice of mattress will first and foremost depend on your personal preference. However there are some guidelines that may help you choose the best one for you. So today, we will be discussing important key points when buying a mattress that will be perfect for people who are on the heavy side.
- One of the factors that you need to consider is the support that the mattress can provide. The crucial question is, can the mattress support your weight? This is not just about the durability; it is also for your comfort and health.
- The recommended thickness for overweight people is anywhere between 10 to 12 inches. The heavier you are, the thicker the mattress that you need. It is all about the decompression support that it can provide. Basically, if you are on the heavy side, you will naturally put in more pressure on the mattress, so, if it is not thick enough, it will not be able to give enough back support.
- When it comes to firmness, there are many options as well. In general, the heavier you are, the firmer the bed that you need. This is vital to prevent too much sagging. A firm mattress will also give you much better support.
- Most heavy people, according to polls and studies, prefer medium firm for mattresses. They have been reported to give the best support. In addition to this, it also boasts the ability to maintain its shape all throughout the night giving you a more comfortable sleep. Just remember that firmness is quite a subjective factor though, so it will still depend on one’s preference.
- Probably one of the most overlooked considerations when it comes to mattresses for heavy people is edge support. This is especially important if you want to assess the longevity of the brand you are buying. If it provides excellent edge support, you will not have a sagging problem right away. So, basically, it can help with the longevity of your mattress. For this, experts recommend innerspring or hybrid.
- Innersprings and latex are very popular. This is mainly because of the fact that they provide good ventilation. As we all know, one of the problems if you are on the heavier side is that you tend to feel hot easily. This can result to a lot of sleepless nights and even sour mood throughout the day. With innerspring and latex, you will not toss and turn all night anymore since they can disperse heat quite effectively. If you prefer memory foam, then go for the advanced open cell type because it uses technology to make sure that you will stay cool.
- For those who do not have night sweats and hot episode problems, you can still choose foam mattresses if you want. Actually, there are people who love it because they can provide great support. This type also can also relieve pressure points, which is essential especially if you have back pains.
- The price range of mattresses is quite extensive. Since there are many options, there are also many prices to choose from. Just remember that you should never sacrifice quality. Just because a mattress is affordable, you should choose it already over the more expensive one. Do a thorough research first to ensure that you are getting your money’s worth.
- If you choose something that is affordable, but low in quality, you will spend more in the long run since you will need to replace the mattress after a shorter period of time. On the other hand, if you buy something that is expensive, it does not necessarily mean that it is better. So, the important thing to do is to do your own research to see what best fits not only your budget, but your needs as well.
These are just some of the important things that you need to remember when it comes to buying a mattress for heavy people. Always keep in mind that it all comes down to one’s preference. Just use this guide to make the best choice despite of having so many options available.
Excellent information I was searching for this please add some more words about side sleepers if possible. Thanks for the efforts I will definitely bookmark this awesome blog.
I must say this is a very informative stuff. Actually I was looking for good mattresses for my dad, as he is suffering from back pain since many days and he is over weighted too , but couldn’t find perfect one. But your info really helped me a lot thanks for sharing.
A mattress is the most important thing to get good sleep, I would like to say I like your point that the heavier you are, the thicker mattress that you need, to sleep free and comfortably u should have a thick mattress. Actually, I like almost every point because nowadays i
am also heavy one.
its a great information you give me . because i searching some like this. because mum is very heavy she need a good mattress. i think i will buy a mattress easily.
md jahirul islam recently posted…Shrunks Inflatable Bed Rail Reviews – Read before you Buy!
Now why did I not see this when buying a new mattress about two months ago. I weigh around 270
lbs and although my old mattress did accomodate my weight, I always felt a little bit uncomfortable. Things got even worse when I started feeling pain in my pressure points like hips (I am a side sleeper). The mattress was a little bit firm so you can imagine with all the weight exerted.
I did get a new mattress which was also expensive and so far, so good. I’d like to test it out for a few months and I am hoping for the best.
Thank you so much for the tips!
Melanie Green recently posted…Best Mattress for Pressure Points (Top 9 Pressure Relief Mattresses)
Very well explained and nicely categorized. Helped me a lot in narrowing down what mattress i want for my house. appreciated!
Lulu recently posted…3 Best Duster For Log Home 2020 Reviews
Great tips! I would also add that people should look at mattress reviews to see which ones last long with the added weight. Support is great, but if the mattress becomes soft after 1 year, that’s not very useful 🙂
Aaron recently posted…Loft Beds – A Comprehensive Guide
I was helpless before read this useful post! Great tips to purchase a mattress I’ve read ever. Especially loved this point : “If you choose something that is affordable, but low in quality, you will spend more in the long run since you will need to replace the mattress after a shorter period of time.”
Mira Edorra recently posted…Futon Mattresses – A Comprehensive Guide
Really helpful article it’s better you check the suitable mattress before getting a wrong mattress which can lead to back problems.
thanks for sharing these important points related to mattress. It will be very helpful for me to buy a best mattress
Thank you for telling me that heavy people prefer medium-firm for mattresses. My dad called me last night to help him find a replacement for the old mattress he’d been using, and I think we should consider his weight once we choose one. It’s good to know that these mattresses give the best support and provide comfortable sleep. I’m sure my dad will prefer the new mattress we’d buy over his old one.
What type of box spring is best for heavy people? And how heavy is “heavy” by most of these mattress companies? I’m about 200 pounds but my husband is close to 300 pounds, so I think it’s important for us to have a firm mattress and probably a good box spring too. What do you recommend?
Katherine Walker recently posted…Best Low Profile Box Springs: 2020 Buyer’s Guide
Right! There are some guidelines that may help me choose the best one for me. I’m proud to get your guideline .
Therapeutica pillow recently posted…Best sleep tech appreciation week in 2020
In my view, a mattress should be comfortable and durable. Thanks for sharing some more points to consider.
Sameer Hora recently posted…Is your home ready to host the coming festivities?
Thanks for efforts I will definitely bookmark this awesome blog.
Best Mattress for Big Guys (2020) – Complete Guide
In my 15 years within the bedding industry I have seen beddings get pulled down by big guys. Is it their deficiency? No, it’s the shortcoming of the manufacturers for not making the best mattresses to accommodate big guys. Appears comfort bests durability in the sleeping cushion world so the best mattress for big guys is one that is rock hard and not comfortable.
Shopping for a decent sleeping mattress for big guys is testing. While there are a ton of versatile and strong beds today, the majority of them cannot withstand the test of time under the strain of heavier burdens.
Rest ought not be evasive for big guys. if you are searching for the best bedding, you should think about the accompanying decisions:
To help give the most ideal rest and sleep experience for big guys, we have chosen the best mattress for big guys for the year 2020.
This is what you have to consider:
Very properly defined and well categorized. Really helpful article it’s better you test the proper bed earlier than getting a incorrect bed which could result in returned troubles. Helped me loads in narrowing down what mattress I need for my residence.
Aiyla recently posted…How to Drain Water Heater?
It’s very good blog! For sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more content about. Please keep sharing!