I’m taking more of an interest in home and interiors on the blog at the mo, so I thought it would be good to show you around our home. We moved in four years ago this month so seems quite fitting too. We did a complete overhaul of the house – it had had one owner since it was built in the 50s so as you can imagine, was in a bit of a state. This was one of the very first rooms that we decorated. We didn’t have children when we moved in but had this in mind for a nursery for the future. I called it my ‘Laura Ashley’ room and we decorated in duck egg blue and white.
- The toy chest was an amazing find that the previous owners had left in the loft. A lovely travel chest, complete with travel labels. Properly vintage!
- The quilt on Max’s bed was a homemade wedding gift from a group of my friends and it is one of my favourite things in the house.
- The wicker linen basket is from Zara Home.
- I bought the ‘MAX’ letters from JoAnn’s in the USA (when I was over visiting my sister) and then painted them the same duck egg blue as the wall.
- I made the birth announcement print on the wall, printed out at home but the white box frame is from Matalan.
I would love to get some more things on the wall, including some shelving, but just haven’t found out the right things yet (or got Mr U’s permission 😉 ha). Will keep my eye out for something cute.
BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Thank you – it was a very lucky find!
That toy chest is gorgeous. Such a lovely room and sooooo tidy. #mummymonday