After months of staying at home, life is finally beginning to normalise. This period at home has given us plenty of time to plan ahead and think about who we would like to spend our precious time with; as well as what we would like to do with our freedom! For many, the ease of lockdown means making plans to see friends again or having family reunions. People are starting to fill up their diaries and make the rest of the year worthwhile.
Maybe you’ve been desperately awaiting alone time with your partner and you’re ready to have a romantic weekend away in a swanky hotel, or perhaps it’s time to finally celebrate that big lockdown Birthday the way you had once envisioned it.
So many of us missed out on holidays this year, so why not book a staycation? No flights and no faff- they really are the best and easiest way to gather small groups together for a fab break. Staying local means you’re providing a convenient holiday that the whole family can afford, too. If your staycation will be a group affair it might be an idea to hire an apartment or house rather than a hotel room.
There are countless destinations to discover within our own beautiful country. Whether it’s time for a weekend away with the girls or a romantic getaway, there is a staycation suitable for all. Here are our Top 5 staycation destinations:
- Yorkshire: As you wander through this beautiful and unique city, you’ll have historical architecture left, right and centre for your viewing. There are plenty of sights to enjoy as well as countryside beyond the city. There is plenty to do and you’ll be able to relax and unwind in luxury accommodation at the end of your day! What could be more perfect? If you’re looking into booking overnight spa breaks in Yorkshire, you won’t be let down.
- Cotswolds: Picture this: dreamy old English villages, unspoilt rural countryside as well as a charm that you’ll only understand once you visit the Cotswolds! Take a hike or bike ride to Hidcote Manor and Broadway Tower, check out the steam railway and visit stunning gardens and parks. Such an idyllic staycation destination for both families or couples.
- Norfolk: A holiday means different things to different people. Whether your ideal is to be your own skipper and hire a boat for the day, to enjoy a seaside sunset amongst the spectacular seals or to parade around the Sandringham estate like Kings and Queens, you’ll have all of this and more on your doorstep in beautiful Norfolk.
- Dorset: Staying in Dorset means that you’ll have easy access to beautiful sandy beaches as well as the spectacular New Forest countryside. Hike Dorset’s Jurassic Coastline; visit Dancing Ledge, Kimmeridge and Lulworth Cove through your adventures – comfortable walking shoes are a must! Take the family to the New Forest Water park for an altogether different kind of adventure!
- Cornwall: Wake up to breathtaking views of the Cornish sea. Grab a pastie on your walk round Boscastle harbour and then cool off with a swim at Bude sea pool. Take the kids crabbing at Crooklets beach or on a pony ride through the enchanted old English village of Clovelly. Cornwall is particularly lovely through the spring and summer months.
After such a hard year, it’s safe to say we all deserve this break! Enjoy your family, friends and freedom.