Many people are curious about the value of an outdoor kitchen to their home. A beautiful addition to any home is an outdoor kitchen. You can make your home seem more prominent by adding an outdoor kitchen.
You should consider selling your home during the summer and spring if you’re thinking of building an outdoor kitchen. People will be able to enjoy the outdoors and grilling during this time.
Like most renovations, outdoor kitchens will cost more than they are worth. These four factors can make your home more valuable.
An outdoor kitchen can be a long-lasting investment. As long as it is maintained and cleaned regularly, it will last for many years.
You can host parties, barbecues, and socials with your friends and family or cook outdoors.
You can keep your indoor kitchen cleaner if you grill more frequently in the spring and summer.
Everybody wants their home to look nice. It’s like an outdoor pool. While it might not be the top priority, a well-built, maintained pool can have a lot more appeal than an outdoor kitchen, which can attract neighbors, friends, and visitors.
An outdoor kitchen is a lovely option for potential buyers. This could even be the deciding factor in a purchase. Your house may not have an outdoor kitchen like other homes, but it might be valuable to buyers, especially if they are keen grillers.
What can make an outdoor kitchen more attractive? You can sell your home before the summer or spring season, and buyers will love to imagine themselves in the kitchen. Your outdoor kitchen will not do you any favors if it’s all packed up and covered for winter. It’s a bonus and selling point in summer.
Your home will feel bigger
An outdoor kitchen will make your home seem larger. You’ll find yourself outside cooking more often, especially in summer. Set up tables and chairs outside to make the outdoor kitchen space for your family to enjoy the outdoors.
Continue reading to find out more about outdoor kitchens and how they can increase the value of your home.
What is an outdoor kitchen?
These are some things that you should do to make the most of your outdoor kitchen.
- Outdoor bar
- Outdoor range hood
- Stainless steel grill
These four items are not necessary for everyone. Some people will want to enhance their outdoor spaces with water features. These are optional items that you can buy to make your outdoor kitchen even more enjoyable. You can invite friends and family to your outdoor kitchen, hold barbecues, or just enjoy in your outdoor hot tub under the stars.
Are you required to obtain a permit for an outside kitchen?
Most outdoor kitchens don’t need permits. You must ensure that your outdoor kitchen is built on your land. You don’t want your neighbor to start building on your land.
It’s also a good idea for you to call your local clerk and ask them some questions.
Ask about the zoning regulations in your area. Every city and sometimes every county has its own requirements regarding what you can build, how high it can be built, and where it can be built.
You won’t have to worry about small projects like installing a patio or a range hood, but it is worth double-checking the requirements for larger renovations. Many zoning regulations restrict the construction and use of fencing, garden sheds, swimming pools, or similar structures.
You must ensure that any plumbing or electrical work you do is compliant with local building codes.
It is also a good idea to check your local building codes. These codes will tell you what you should do to construct your structure to meet safety and legal requirements. You can have all permits and compliance checked by a builder.
Outdoor Kitchens for Cold Climates
An enclosed or covered patio is ideal for outdoor kitchens that are located in colder climates. You can keep your outdoor kitchen protected from the elements by covering it. You might also consider purchasing patio heaters at Amazon to keep your outdoor kitchen warm and comfortable.
How can you winterize an outdoor cooking area?
While you can make your space more suited to cold weather, there are many things you should do to prepare your outdoor kitchen to withstand the cold.
- All incoming water should be turned off. All running water can freeze in winter. This could cause damage to your pipes.
- Drain your water lines. You can’t turn off all the water in your pipes once you have turned it off. Some water may remain in pipes, causing the same problem as above: freezing and potential damage.
- Open drain valves. Your drain valves should be opened as the final step in your water pipe repair. By doing this, water will automatically drain from your pipes. This will prevent it from building up and causing you problems in the future.
- Clean your stainless-steel grill.The Winter season will probably not be a good time to grill. Give your grill a thorough clean before it gets too cold. Cover all external LED displays well.
- Get rid of the scum in your sink. You won’t use your sink in the cold, just like you wouldn’t use an outdoor grill. It’s important to give it a thorough cleaning so that there is no dirt or grime left behind.
- Polish cabinetry. Outdoor cabinets can be protected from the elements by purchasing a wax cleaner, stainless-steel polish, or wood polish.
- All furniture that is not covered by a patio should be moved inside. You should move your outdoor furniture, including chairs, tables, plants, and water features if you live in an area with harsh winters. You can move it into your garage, house, or enclosed patio. You can get the furniture out when the sun is out in the spring or summer.
Outdoor Kitchen Ideas
We hope you have learned more about outdoor kitchens, their benefits in your home, and what you can do to make them work for you.
An outdoor vent hood is one of the best upgrades for outdoor kitchens. Some people buy a hood to cover their stainless-steel grill. Others purchase a large range of hoods to cover multiple grills or to cover a range and an egg.
It is said that a range hood is an essential part of your home. It enhances your kitchen experience and keeps your home’s air fresh and clean.