Starting tomorrow, at the Guildhall Art Gallery in London, there is a new exhibition running up until the end of October, called Late evening: Sublime Symmetry.
Unleash your inner artist for a night of arts, crafts, workshops, talks, music and cocktails at Guildhall Art Gallery’s next late event, inspired by the launch of new exhibition, Sublime Symmetry. Attendees will have the chance to discover over 80 works by the Victorian Ceramicist, William De Morgan, as well as indulge in all manner of inspired activities. Cocktail specialists, the Anthologist, will be on hand to provide refreshments for the evening.
Fantastical Flights of Artistic Fancy
Take an artistic journey with Rachel Gadsden inspired by the creative and imaginary worlds of Dante Gabriel Rossetti and William De Morgan. Gadsden will guide you through expressionist drawing and painting processes to create a vibrant and dynamic panel using acrylic paint and collage enabling you to take away your own artwork.
Create a De Morgan-inspired creature
Combine your inner artist and your mathematical aptitude to create your own clay creature, as a tribute to the intricate designs of William De Morgan.
Wear your love of De Morgan’s designs on your face with Squiggle and Wiggles, who are bringing their face art magic to the Gallery, so it is an event for all of the family.
Learn more about De Morgan’s father, Augustus, an accomplished mathematician, in a talk from Dr June Barrow-Green. Though he did not follow in his father’s footsteps, William was nonetheless skilled in the study. Exhibition Curator Sarah Hardy will also be offering 15-minute introductions to the exhibition and highlight particular works.
If you would like to enter to win five tickets to the special event on Friday 18th May, (the exhibition runs up until 28th October, 2018), then enter via the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Competition Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to UK residents, to adults aged 18 and over.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will be able to get 5 tickets to the Guildhall exhibition.
- The closing date for entries is 11.59pm on 17th May 2018.
- The winner will be informed by email within a few hours of closing, to attend the event on 18th May.
- The winner will be asked to provide a full postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
- The winners name will be available on request.
- Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
- Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- AAUBlog’s decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.
I would take my partner, as she loves gallerys.
I would love to take my father, he has developed a love of painting over the last two years so it would be a great father/daughter day out which he’ll enjoy and will inspire him.