Are you living for the weekends? Do you stare endlessly at your calendar waiting for your next trip away? Maybe you’re desperate for a trip outside of the confines of your own town, or country. So, what is it that’s stopping you from getting on your next adventure? Usually, it’s work. So, why not consider working abroad? Enjoy warmer, sunnier and healthier climates as well as flexible working. If sitting in the office all day feels like a waste of your life, maybe it’s time for change.
If you’re unconvinced about finding sure and certain ways to work successfully in a foreign country, then check out our 7 ways to work whilst abroad:
- Teaching English: Job opportunities are all around the world and in many cases, you don’t need to be certified. You just need to be a native speaker. Send in an online applications to schools in South Korea, Japan, Thailand or dozens of other locations & you’ll be surprised at how many interviews you land.
- Surfing Instructor: Ever thought about turning a hobby you love into something yo do all day everyday? You don’t need to be an expert to land a job, you just need to be better than those who have never tried surfing before!
- Fruit-Picking: Get out into the sun, grab a basket and start picking fruit. Such an option isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it is quite common for travelers or backpackers passing through Australia and the pay can include payment per kilo of fruit you pick, room, board or any combination of the three.
- Travel blogging: Blogging is bigger than ever and if you’re looking for some extra cash to help fund part of your travels while keeping the world informed (and very jealous) of your adventures, starting a travel blog might be your answer.
- Travel agency: People all over the world are leaving the jobs they can’t stand to start a travel agency franchise. It isn’t as scary as it sounds, either. Companies like Explorer Travel exist to help people like you start up and run your own thriving online travel business from the comfort of your home (or villa). If you’re sitting on the fence about taking the plunge and leaving your steady 9-5 job to be your own boss, this is a genuine way to earn really good money and live your passion! With a huge emphasis on blending work and life, the implementation of flexible working means you don’t miss out on moments that matter most.
- Bartending: There are bars in many towns and cities that pay ‘cash in hand’ to travelers who can work a bar and are willing to stay in one spot for a while. Bars connected to hostels are often your best bet.
Working whilst travelling means you don’t have to worry about budgeting abroad as you’ll have a constant flow of cash coming in! While you’re away you can be completely free to enjoy yourself. Work, travel and live with passion everyday.